5 Tips to Stay Fit and Healthy in the long run
5 things to do to keep you fit and healthy
I know of friends who have spent so much money on their gym that they could buy dumbbells made out of gold. How many times has this happened to you that you start going to the gym and never end up losing weight or muscle mass? More often than not that is the case. The question is why is it that we end up being in such a situation and how can we curb this. The answer is simple, start being focused on working out. Give importance to it and start investing time in yourself and your body. I will be putting down 5 simple ways through which one can achieve ultimate fitness and self-confidence.
- Go to the gym at least 4 times a week- we hear people saying that they didn’t do anything and ended up losing weight. Newton once said, every action has an equal and opposite reaction. Go to the gym dedicatedly and I can assure you that the desired results will be attained easily.
- Eat good food – maintaining a good diet is a very integral part of the workout regime. Eat protein rich food combined with other types a food’s, eventually providing you with a balanced diet.
- Drink lots of water– water is like the purifying system of our body. It cleanses our body and keeps the body temperature at the desired level. Though it is advised not to consume too much water immediately before or after a workout.
- Don’t take supplements– let’s face it, there are no shortcuts to success. Supplements do provide us with short-term gains but in the long run, they have devastating repercussions. I advise to eat right and get one’s protein from the food sources rather than taking supplements.
- Get good sleep– this is probably the most integral part of the workout, rest and getting sleep. Our muscles need rest from the micro tear’s our muscles suffer when we work out. Without ample rest, which is at least 7 hours of sleep, the trip to the gym is worthless.