Whey Protein Benefits and Side Effects
Whey protein is derived from cow’s milk. It is commonly used as a dietary supplement by athletes and bodybuilders in order to increase muscle mass and overall performance. Basically, its the protein which is the building block of life and is pivotal for muscle growth as muscle cells are also made up of protein. And Whey is one of the best-absorbed forms of protein in the body, so supplementing with whey can be a healthy option. But there are many side effects reported by using whey protein, so let’s check out whether it is worth consuming.
As I told earlier, Whey protein is the best form of protein that exists, as it has all the essential amino acids leucine, isoleucine and valine (BCAA’s), which the body uses to build, repair and maintain muscle mass. Whey is popular among athletes because of its fast acting and easy digesting property.
Benefits of Whey Protein:
- Easy and convenient, as it eliminates the need to cook whole foods
- Helps in losing fat
- Build new and maintain muscle mass
- Increases muscle size and strength
- Reduces food craving and hunger
- Promotes healthy cardiovascular function
- Boosts immunity
- Very easily absorbed by the body.
Whey Protein Side Effects:
- Whey Protein if consumed in excess can cause many serious side effects including kidney stones, liver damage, and osteoporosis.
- Many allergic reactions can occur if you consume whey, especially those who are lactose intolerant.
- Less serious reported side effects of consuming whey include stomach cramps, abdominal pain, severe headaches, diarrhea, bloating, lots of gas, dizziness, increased thirst, vomiting, and loose stools.
- Tiredness and chronic fatigue.
- Increased bowel movements and constipation
- People with milk allergy should avoid using whey protein.
So these are the benefits and side effects of whey protein, which are concluded after many kinds of research and studies on consumers of whey. At last, I would like to say that everything in access can be dangerous, whether it be drinking water or consuming a high-quality protein such as whey. So, if you exercise on a regular basis then you need to consume a lot of protein through a well-balanced diet and dietary supplements. And taking whey protein in the recommended amount can be a very healthy option to take your workout regimen and body nutrition to the next level.