Triceps Press Down
Triceps Pushdowns is one of the most common exercises performed by everyone in gyms. It is an isolated exercise and can really pump up the triceps if done in correct form. This basic movement of the arm stresses the entire triceps muscle group, particularly the outer and medial heads. Though there are various triceps exercises, this particular one is the easiest to perform and can help to build huge triceps quickly. It is rated 9 out of 10.
The correct form of every exercise is prior to lifting heavy weights and leads to maximum muscle gain. So lay emphasis on the technique, then move on to heavyweights.
Triceps Press Down Correct Form:
- Load the Machine with medium weight, and grab the bar with your index finger no more than 5 inches apart.
- Ensure straight back throughout the exercise.
- Leaning slightly forward, slowly Push Down the bar fully moving only your forearms and keeping upper arms fixed.
- Hold the straight-arm position for a second and inhale as you bring the bar up till they are parallel to the floor.
- Repeat the steps, do 3-4 sets of 10-12 repetitions each.
Triceps Press Down Tips :
- Maintain a slow and controlled position throughout the exercise.
- For variety, do this with different width grip and rod shapes.
Triceps Press Down Muscles Worked: