The Real Proven Benefits of Yoga
Benefits of Yoga: Bones, Muscles, and Joints:
- Yoga enhances strength as it involves all the muscles in the body to hold and balance yoga asanas (poses).
- Various yoga postures strengthen the feet, legs, hands, abdominals, lower back, legs, and shoulders.
- Stretching and breathing exercises involved in Yoga improves flexibility, helps joints, tendons and muscles stay limber.
- People suffering from osteoarthritis or rheumatoid arthritis shall witness noticeable improvement in their stiffness, pain and other arthritic symptoms if they practice yoga.
- Yoga enhances one’s endurance, especially the more athletic forms of yoga such as ashtanga yoga, power yoga, vinyasa yoga, and Bikram yoga. These rigorous yoga practices involve a specific sequence of poses (asanas) which become more challenging as you progress.
- Unlike the more gentle Hatha yoga, the forms of Ashtanga yoga, power yoga, vinyasa yoga, and Bikram yoga require one to keep one’s body in constant motion between poses, resulting in a strenuous cardiovascular workout and improved core strength.
- Hatha yoga may relieve chronic back and neck pain since the poses and postures stretch and strengthen one’s back and neck muscles gently.
- Yoga is often prescribed to help heal various injuries, including repetitive strain injuries, knee and back injuries, pulled hamstrings, even minor skin burns. Of course, you should consult your physician before using yoga as a treatment for any injury!
- Yoga is an excellent weight-bearing exercise that can improve your bone density. This is particularly beneficial for women approaching menopause since yoga can help ward off osteoporosis, or thinning of the bone.
Yoga benefits Cardiovascular System:
- The gentler forms of yoga lower one’s blood pressure because the asanas (yoga poses, postures, and yoga positions) keep blood flowing evenly throughout the body while one focus on one’s breathing.\
- People suffering from hypertension can benefit from yoga very much, as hatha yoga can lower their heart rate and blood pressure.
- Many practitioners claim that yoga has also lowered their cholesterol levels.
Effect of Yoga on Mental health:
- Yoga reduces anxiety and stress, resulting in better health, better mood, and better concentration throughout the day. Yoga has been used to help treat a wide variety of emotional and mental disorders, including acute anxiety, depression, and mood swings.
- Even children can benefit from yoga. Those with attention deficit disorder and hyperactivity can learn to relax and get control by using yoga breathing and yoga asanas.
- As yoga is a form of meditation, it results in a sense of inner peace and purpose, which has far-reaching health benefits.
- Yoga has been used to help heal victims of torture or other trauma.
Yoga effect on various Health Conditions:
- Yoga can rid one of tension, headaches and even migraines as it circulates blood and oxygen to your head, which can often prevent headaches from starting.
- Regularly practicing Yoga helps boost antioxidants throughout your body, resulting in a stronger immune system and improved ability to heal quickly from disease or injury.
- Yoga can help you lose weight and maintain a healthy weight throughout your life.
- Power yoga is a vigorous form of yoga that burns calories, resulting in weight loss.
- Many women going through menopause report an easing of symptoms when they begin practicing yoga.
Benefits of Yoga in Everyday Life:
- Yoga can help fight fatigue and maintain your energy throughout the day.
- Yoga is an effective treatment for a variety of autoimmune diseases because it can reduce the symptoms these diseases often cause, such as stiffness, fatigue, and weakness.
Don’t forget to share this article with your loved ones! Stay Fit and Healthy.