Shahrukh Khan Height Weight Age Wiki Biography, Family, Fitness & More
Shahrukh Khan, The Baadshah of Bollywood, King Khan, and the biggest movie star on the Planet, SRK is loved by billions of people across the world. People get crazy wherever he goes. He has won numerous awards for his brilliant acting roles in movies and for noble causes as well. Being one of the most searched celebrity online, we have got his life covered from all angles. From Shahrukh’s personal life, body stats, affairs and controversies to his fitness regimen, below you will find them all.
Shahrukh Khan Wiki/Biography
|Real/Born Name||Abdul Rahman (his grandma used to call him by that name)|
|Nick Name||Baadshah, King Khan|
|Date of Birth/Birthday||November 2, 1965|
|Age (in 2019)||54|
|Birth Place/Born in||Talwar Nursing Home (Old Rajinder Nagar), Karol Bagh, New Delhi, India|
|Sun Sign/Zodiac Sign||Scorpio|
|Lives in/Residence||Mumbai, Maharastra|
|Profession/Work||The Biggest Movie star on the planet. Bollywood actor, Producer.|
|Sexual Orientation||Straight, though there have been rumors about SRK being bisexual.|
|Race/Ethnicity/Caste||Asian, Indian, Sunni|
|Is he Dead or Alive||Alive|
|School||St. Columbia High School in New Delhi|
|College||Hansraj College Delhi|
Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi
|Educational Qualification||Masters in Mass Communication|
Shahrukh Khan Body Figure, Stats, Measurements
|Height in Meters||1.73 m|
|Height in Centimeters||173 cm|
|Height in Feet-Inches||5 ft 8 in|
|Weight in Kilograms||75 kg|
|Weight in Pounds||165 lb|
|Body Figure Measurements||40-32-14|
|Chest Size||40 in|
Family, Parents, Siblings
|Father Name and Occupation||Taj Mohammad (businessman)|
|Mother Name and Occupation||Lateef Fatima (First-class Magistrate)|
|Elder Brother||He doesn’t have an elder brother|
|Elder Sister||Shahnaz Lalarukh|
|Younger Brother||He doesn’t have a younger brother|
|Younger Sister||He doesn’t have a younger sister|
Shahrukh Khan Girlfriends/Spouse/Children
|Marriage Date||October 25, 1991|
|Wife Name and Occupation||Gauri Khan (Interior Designer and Film Producer, owns Red Chillies Entertainment)|
|Son||Yes, he has two sons, namely Aryan and recently born through surrogacy: Abram|
|Daughter||Yes, her name is Suhana|
|Past Relations/Ex-Girlfriends||Even though no question on the character of SRK was ever raised in public or by the media. But there were ubiquitous rumors of him being in a secret relationship with Priyanka Chopra (a Bollywood actress who recently married Nick Jonas, a singer around 11 years younger to her)|
|Net Worth in Dollars||$800 million|
|SRK Net Worth in Indian Rupees||5800 crore Indian Rupees|
Shahrukh Khan Career
- Debut Movie: Deewana (1992)
- Debut TV Show: Fauji (1989)
1993: Best Debut Actor for Deewana
1994: Best Actor for Baazigar
1995: Critics Award for Best Actor for Kabhi Haan Kabhi Naa and Best Villain for Anjaam
1996: Best Actor for Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge
1998: Best Actor for Dil To Pagal Hai
1999: Best Actor for Kuch Kuch Hota Hai
2001: Critics Award for Best Actor for Mohabbatein
2002: Given the Special Award Swiss Consulate Trophy
2003: Best Actor for Devdas
2005: Best Actor for Swades
2008: Best Actor for Chak De India
2011: Best Actor for My Name Is Khan
Nominated for Filmfare awards of the following films :
2012: Don 2
2013: Jab Tak Hai Jaan
2014: Chennai Express
Shahrukh Khan Controversies
- Rumors of Shahrukh’s other side of sexual preference made headlines many times in the past. Firstly a picture of him joining lips with a random guy went viral. Then his closeness too close and too much with Karan Johar (who is already famous for being a Bi) was questioned.
- 2008, Katrina Kaif birthday party incident cannot be forgotten by anyone. This was the day when the Karan-Arjun of Bollywood i.e. SRK and Salman had a major fight and then never talked to each other for over a decade. As per sources, Shahrukh had made a funny remark on Katrina after getting drunk which Salman didn’t like and led to a confrontation between both of them.
- 2012, Wankhade Stadium Mumbai incident, after which he was barred from the stadium for 5 years and was asked to apologize. In a press meeting, Khan revealed to the media that an aged security guard was trying to manhandle and push the kids who had come with him to watch the match, away from the ground after the play got over. While Shahrukh tried to stop and warn the guard for his behavior, the guard unapologetically insulted SRK back, used filthy language and also called him a joker. This led to a heated argument between the two. Later on, SRK did apologize for his behavior, but the ban was not removed.
- SRK and Priyanka Chopra alleged link up was severely criticized by his wife Gauri Khan. Reportedly Priyanka was seen coming out of Shahrukh’s house at odd night hours on many occasions. Also, the duo was seen spending good time together while shooting for DON 2. In the end, Gauri had to intervene and from then Shahrukh and Priyanka Chopra were never seen together in public or in any film.
- Abram, the third child of SRK and Gauri, had been controversial even before he came into this world. Yes, firstly his real mother is still not known to people. Some are saying it was as a result of Shahrukh’s extra-marital affair with his personal assistant Pooja Dadlani.
- Khan had given a press statement that he would soon have a son via surrogacy even before Abram was actually born. Hence he was slapped with a legal notice, FIRs and accused of pre-birth sex determination of the child, which is illegal in India.
- In 2012 the municipal authorities used a crane to demolish the illegal ramp built outside ‘Mannat’.
- SRK slapped Farah Khan’s husband in a party while being under the influence of alcohol.
Shahrukh Khan Lifestyle
- Smoking: Yes, a big reason for him looking too aged as compared to Salman Khan or Amir Khan. (Without make-up, in real)
- Drinking: Yes, King Khan is also famous for causing nuisance after getting drunk in parties
- Food Preference: Non-Vegetarian
- Hobbies: Reading, romance, smoking, listening to music
SRK Favorite Things
- Color: Black
- Sport: Cricket
- Memorable Moment: The day when he won his first Filmfare Award
- Holiday Destination: London
- Car Brand: BMW as he owns a BMW 7 series and BMW i8.
Interesting Facts which every Shahrukh Khan fan should know
- SRK Address: ‘Mannat – Land’s End‘, Bandstand, Bandra (West), Mumbai, Maharashtra – 400050, India
- He is truly a very humble star and various incidents have proved this fact. He is known to fund many NGOs, charitable trusts and social organizations secretly without showing off much. He was rewarded 24th annual Crystal Award by World Economic Forum for his commendable work towards women empowerment, acid attacks victims and child rights. His kind gesture towards a beggar asking for food was recently witnessed by people. In this video, a poor man can be seen begging for food from him. Shahrukh was polite enough to place his hands on the beggar’s head and acknowledged what he had to say.
- He always wanted to have his own house. Finally, he made it large! Yes, his house Mannat is one amongst the top 10 big houses in the world.
- Shahrukh Khan belongs to a middle-class family, almost in poverty.
- He himself was very poor, had to plead people for basic amenities and work. He went to Mumbai after marriage only to find some work and earn a living. He had merely Rs 50/- in his pocket when he reached Mumbai for the first time.
- During his struggle days in Mumbai he used to get frustrated a lot and emotionally one day he sat outside the famous ‘Oberoi Hotel’, crying he shouted ‘One day I will own this city‘.
- During Khan’s initial years in Bollywood when his movies were going flop while other actors were getting frequent awards, he accused the award shows of giving ‘Paid Awards’ not based on merit. A few years later he said he was a novice and foolish to have said that.
- During his struggle days, it was Salman Khan who had given him a helping hand. You would be astonished to know that Shahrukh used to call Salman as ‘SIR’. This was the level of respect he used to give to the Bhai Jaan of Indian film Industry, as Salman was already an established superstar.
- Shahrukh owes his life to the people/public, as only because of people’s support and love he could reach achieve whatever he has. There was a time in an award show when SRK was ‘ I wish I could look like Salman, act like Aamir and fight like Ajay. Hence he never ever thought that he would be the Baadshah of Bollywood one day.
- Very few people know that his father was a distant relative of the legendary freedom fighter Subhash Chandra Bose.
- You might be knowing that Shahrukh Khan and Gauri had a love marriage. But I bet you didn’t know that his parents also had a love marriage. They fell in love when SRK’s father went to a hospital to donate blood, while the injured patient who needed it was none other than the mother.
- The meaning of his name is ‘Prince like Face‘.
- His sister was deeply affected by their parent’s untimely death. She doesn’t like media or public attention at all and has never been seen even in an award show.
- Shahrukh was a notorious student in school. Though he did manage to get ‘best student award’ in one of his class.
- Khan has never used his college degree to get an employment or benefit of any sort anywhere. That is why it was only recently, after 28 years of passing out, he went ahead to get his college degree.
- Recently Shahrukh Khan’s mark sheet photograph went viral, people made fun of his low marks in English. In reality, it shows that no matter how poor your English was in school or college, you can always improve it with time and as per the requirement of your profession. Nothing is impossible in life.
- Hema Malini, the dream girl, was the first Bollywood star to contact SRK for a film role.
- He himself sold the tickets of his film ‘Kabhi Haan Kabhi Naa‘ at the counter. As he was very poor, trying to establish himself without any film based background, and was paid only Rs 25,000/- for the entire film.
- The films ‘Dilwale Dulhaniya Le Jayenge’ and ‘Kuch Kuch Hota Hai‘ gave him the much-needed recognition, adulation, fan following and stardom he desperately needed.
- His looks, hairstyle, and appearance were perceived as ‘ugly‘ by the then established actresses like Juhi Chawla and Sonali Bendre. It cannot be denied that he was quite dark and had weirdly long old-school hairstyle during the 1990s.
- Apart from being a wonderful actor, he is also a great host, the fact he has hosted a myriad of top shows including Filmfare awards, Kaun Banega Crorepati, Zhor ka Jhataka (Imagine Channel) etc. proves this fact.
- Shahrukh Khan always wanted to do KBC show, hosted by Amitabh Bachchan. Finally, he did the entire season 3 before the Sony channel brought Amitabh Bachchan back.
- SRK loves copying Amitabh Bachchan. Doing KBC and Don affirms this fact.
- He owns the IPL team KKR ( Kolkata Knight Riders)
- Shahrukh Khan’s first kiss on the screen was with Katrina Kaif in the movie ‘Jab Tak Hai Jaan’ 2012, directed by Yash Raj.
- In 2012, his biography titled “King Khan: The Official Opus of Shah Rukh Khan” was published, making him the only actor to have it.
- His wax statue is placed in London’s Madame Tussaud’s Museum in England.
- Even though he behaves rationally at all times, he seems superstitious as he feels the number 555 is lucky for him, thus not a surprise that all his cars bear 555 in the number plate. Reportedly, his email address contains this as well.
- Shahrukh Khan is a live example of multiculturalism and secularism as his wife Gauri is Hindu while he being Muslim. They both live together peacefully, respect each other’s religious sentiments and both have the freedom to worship as per their own personal belief. Rather, in his house, Mannat’s temple, the idols of gods of both religion can be seen together.
- On 2nd November 2018, SRK celebrated his 53rd birthday with full bash. The icing on the cake was the release of the promo of his film Zero, release date December 21st December 2018. This trailer managed to get millions of views on YouTube in a very short span of time. Not to mention that like every year, fans of Shahrukh Khan gathered outside his house Mannat to greet and bless him. SRK returned the favor by waiving and thanking them.
Shahrukh Khan Fitness
- While he may not be as buffed as Salman Khan, it cannot be denied that despite being a chain smoker, and nicotine addict, SRK has managed to keep his body in brilliant shape and is perhaps sometimes called one of the fittest actors in Bollywood.
- He first shocked everyone through his muscular physique in Om Shanti Om where he managed to show off an 8 Pack Abs, an unprecedented move in Bollywood at that time as no one had ever seen anything more than 6 pack in the Indian film industry.
- The first advice he gives to all his fans about fitness is ‘not to smoke’. He justifies his smoking by the fact that it gives him time to take off his mind from the stressful work he does all day, giving an excuse to move around and relax. He further assumes the self-introspecting intelligence of his followers by saying that everyone knows smoking is injurious to health and should be avoided. He is trying his best to give it up.
- Khan advises everyone to completely cut down on Junk food from the diet menu. Absolutely no colas, chips or ice creams if one’s goal is to get a body like him.
- Further, he tells people to strive as you exercise, do it as a work. Do not waste your time in gossips between workouts and also do not listen to music while exercising. Drinkers must make an extra 20 minutes than non-drinkers. Also, take special care if you are above 25 years because this is the age when the body adapts fat and bellies very easily.
- Shahrukh has an advice for children as well. He says ‘My advice for children is that they should always be insisted to play outdoor games, do outdoor activities which they like’. Football, cycling, jogging, playing with their dogs etc. must be a part of a child’s routine. Rafting and other adventures should also be carried out with guidance and safety.
Shahrukh Khan Abs:
- SRK says that Six pack abs are entirely different from other body muscle group as they take a lot of time, dedication and strict routine to actually show up. So it requires more emphasis on eating a clean diet than worrying too much about the exercise.
- Abs workout should be done at least 4 times a week in which focus should be on sweat emerging exercises 30 minutes in every session. Only then one can expect to lose down the belly fat.
- The diet he follows for abs includes low-calorie meals with more of protein and less of fats. He prefers bread and rice as his primary source of carbs.
- Shahrukh also prefers grilled items over oil-cooked food and never misses out on 4-5 liters of water every day.
- Overall his workout at its peak sometimes consists of 100 push ups and 50 pull ups in every session. It may sound too much, but can easily be done after being regular in hitting the gym for a few months. A positive frame of mind is the key to achieve it.
- This has been King Khan’s workout and diet for many of his movies including Om Shanti Om and Happy New year.