Push Ups Exercise for Chest Muscles Correct Form Images
Push Ups Exercise for Chest Muscles:
Push Ups are the basic exercise for chest and for overall body warm up too. these can be done anywhere and does not require any equipment. Push up can develop chest muscle mass as well as shape. They work on the entire chest area, and secondarily on triceps and shoulders.
The correct form of pushing up is very important else you won’t be able to pump up your chest muscles. So concentrate on the right manner of doing this.
Perfect PushUps Correct Form:
- Lie face-down on the floor.
- Place your palms down on each side of your body slightly wider than your shoulders.
- Your whole body weight rests on your hands and toes only.
- Keeping the whole body aligned, push up yourself pressuring your hands and supporting your body on upper arms.
- You should feel the pressure on your chest at this point for a perfect push up.
- Inhale as you slowly bend yourself, until your chest is about an inch from the floor, your chest should not touch the floor
- Hold this position for a second, and push up back again.
- Repeat for required repetitions.
Push Ups Tips and Technique:
You may use this exercise as a warm-up for chest or as a power exercise at the end of your workout to really pump up your chest muscles.
Push Ups Muscles Worked:
In Push Ups, the muscles worked are mainly overall chest, and secondary load on triceps and shoulders. Check the Muscle Map to see the positions of these muscles in our body.
Push Ups ‘before and after’ Image for motivation: