Gain Weight quickly: 3000 Calorie Diet Plan
Here we bring to you a 3000 calorie weight gain diet plan which is ideal for a 150 pound (68kg) person who wants to go on a diet to bulk up and gain 5-10lb of lean muscle mass.
On workout days, it would be the same meal plan, except that you would also take a weight gain protein shake for the post-workout meal to make up for the calories you burned during the training session.
You may adjust the timings as per your own schedule.
6:00 am: BREAKFAST
- 6 Egg omelet
- 1 cup of mushrooms
- 1/2 cup of onions
- 1 cup of green bell peppers
- 1 teaspoon of olive oil
- Add salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups low-fat chocolate milk
9:00 am: SNACK
- Banana Oat Weight Gain Shake,2 cups low-fat milk
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
- 1/2 cup Quaker Oatmeal (cook with boiling water)
- 1 banana
- 1 tablespoon honey
12:00 pm: LUNCH
- 1 baked potato
- 150 grams of canned tuna
- salad with low-fat dressing
- A glass of orange juice
3:00 pm: SNACK
- Grilled Chicken Sandwich,
- 1 banana
- 2 grilled chicken breasts
- 2 slices whole wheat bread
6:00 pm: DINNER
- 2 cups of cooked white rice
- 100 grams of grilled swordfish
- 1/2 cup of cooked vegetables
9:00 pm: LATE NIGHT SNACK
- 2 cups cooked white rice
- 100 grams of chicken breast grilled
- 1 cup broccoli
Congrats, with this diet your total calories count at : 3082
DOs and DONTs for Weight Gain:
- Consume a small amount of protein at every meal. Eat meat, fish, eggs, poultry and dairy products. The body can only digest and absorb about 60 grams of protein at every meal, making it unnecessary to cram large amounts of it in one sitting.
- Eat fresh fruits and vegetables that are as natural as possible.
- Eat a little vegetable fat, such as seeds and nuts, which is useful for healthy nerves and skin.
- Take some form of vitamin supplement each day.
- Eat at least three times a day. Light meals are digested better and more effectively uses by the body.
- Drink a lot of water.
- Eating highly processed food like fried chips and fast food which have a high sugar and fat content.
- Eating excessive amounts of animal fat (try to remove most of the fat from the meat or choose lean cuts).
- Drinking alcohol or carbonated drinks.
- Using too much salt or seasoning for salads, etc.
In case you want to follow a less heavy diet, check out the 2000 calorie weight gain diet.