Close Grip Bench Press Triceps Exercise
Close Grip Bench Press is like a boost for triceps muscles and is an essential part of all triceps workouts. You might have seen WWE stars performing this exercise, this also proves this exercise to be amongst the best triceps workouts. If you want to build huge arms and muscles, then Close Grip is just for you. Close Grip is rated:- 9.2 out of 10 –EXCELLENT.
The correct form of this exercise is of utmost importance, else you will end up pumping out your chest muscles as it is very similar to Bench Press.
Close Grip Bench Press Correct Form:
- Lie Down on a flat bench, where you perform bench press and place your feet flat on the floor.
- Grip the bar with your hands, this exercise differs from bench press w.r.t. to grip position only, so place your hand’s thumb width apart.
- Normally the index finger will be on the smooth part of the bar.
- Now, inhale slowly as you bring ht bar down to your chest, and ensure that your elbows come down.
- Stretch your triceps and chest, and exhale while you push the bar up to the starting position.
- You should feel the pressure on your triceps, every time you push the barbell up.
- Do not lock your arms at the top.
- Repeat all the steps, do 3-4 sets with 10-12 repetitions each.
- Put emphasis on correct form and not lifting heavy weights.
- You should always have a training partner spot you for support.
Close Grip Muscles Worked:
This exercise mainly works the outer lining of the triceps muscles, with secondary stress on chest and shoulders.
Check the Muscle Map for details of body muscles and their position in our body.