Standing Dumbbell Curls is an effective biceps exercise similar to Barbell Curls. It is a basic movement working on your biceps and secondarily forearms. Your biceps workout may start best with this exercise. It requires only dumbbells, so can be done anywhere. Standing Dumbbell Curls is rated:- 9.2 out of 10 — EXCELLENT.
Correct form of every exercise is prior to lifting heavy weights, so proper technique is very important for maximum muscle growth.
Dumbbell Curls Correct Form:
- Grab a pair of dumbbells. and stand straight with your feet shoulder width apart.
- Let the dumbbells hang at arms length on both side of your body.
- Keep your elbows locked, close to the torso all the time during Standing Dumbbell Curls.
- Now move only your forearms, use you bicep strength to pull up the dumbbells to the top, till shoulder level.
- Your should feel the pressure on your biceps at this position.
- Now slowly move the dumbbells down to the starting position.
- You should turn your wrist to a comfort position, like shown in the first pic.
- Repeat all the steps, do 3-4 sets with 10-12 reps each.
Standing Dumbbell Curls video will help you understand:
- Do not try to lift excess weight and use momentum to swing the dumbbells up.
- Instead use a lighter weight and keep the arm movement slow and controlled.
- You may do this exercise with one arm at a time for variety.
Dumbbell Curls Muscles Used:
Do check our Muscle Map for details of these muscles and position in our body.