Flat bench press or simply bench press is one of the most common and effective exercise for pumping out chest muscles. It is the core of all bodybuilding workouts. It is performed with the help of a straight rod with round weights put in at both extreme corners of the rod. This exercise is very effective, and most of athletes perform it in the wrong way, due to which the muscles are not ripped properly, though they may lift heavy weights.
By pressing more weight with improper technique, you may injure yourself. So correct technique is pivotal for chest muscle growth as well as to gain strength.
Bench Press Correct Form:
- Lower the bar till the middle of the chest.
- Keeping your elbows tucked in, push the barbell up to the starting position.
- Your movement should be slow and controlled.
- Now, again bring the var down near your lower chest.
- Repeat all the steps. Do 3-4 sets with 10-12 reps. each.
Bench Press Video will help you understand:
- Keep your elbows tucked in at 45 degree angle,to ensure more strength at lower part of push and help to avoid undue pressure on shoulders.
- At the beginning of push, first your chest muscles will come in play and then slowly as you move up, your triceps muscles will be stretched.
- Try to push as if you are pushing yourself away from the rod, and not rod away from you.
Bench Press Muscles Worked:
Once you start following the above techniques, you will notice immense increase in your chest muscles.